Manderley is a 3 bed-roomed bed & breakfast in a quiet suburb of Chester yet just a 5 -10 minute walk to the city centre.
Please contact us direct if you would like further information about the facilities at Manderley. We will try to accommodate specific requests where possible.
We are a 20 minutes walk from the train station and 10 minutes from the coach drop off point. There is a long flight of steps leading down to the River Dee and the pedestrian footbridge. It may be easier for some guests to use the park pathway to walk down to the river & bridge.
If using public transport, the bus drop off is by the garage at Handbridge with a 5-10 minute walk from here to Manderley. A taxi is probably the better option.
If arriving by car or taxi it is possible to drive into the parking area to alight safely. We have parking for 6 cars. There are comprehensive directions on the website in the 'Find Us' section.
Please do not rely on your Sat Nav for the exact location as you will find yourself on the other side of Victoria Crescent. Our location is 3rd road on the left, after the Bank of Scotland - 2nd house on the right.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• At Manderley there is parking for 6 cars with just a short walk over medium sized gravel to the front door.
• There are no designated bays.
• The house name and number is displayed on the brick posts at the entrance to the house. In the evening there is a light outside the front door as well as security lighting to illuminate the parking area.
• We always offer assistance with luggage on arrival
• The entrance to Manderley is through the main door at the front of the house. Guests have a key to access the front door together with their room key.
• There is a shallow step leading up to this with door mats on both sides. The door threshold is no more than 3cm deep.
• The entrance hall is level and tiled measuring approx 200 x 250cm with the staircase restricting height to the left.
• There is a hall console table but no formal reception. There is currently no seating in the reception area.
• Turn right and walk 270cm to reach the breakfast room & lounge. The hallway width is 120cm – ground floor door widths are 80cm
• Turn left, walk 140cm to reach the staircase and door to downstairs cloakroom/toilet.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• All of our guest rooms are on the 1st floor. All guest room entrance doors are 75cm wide with all en-suite doors 70cm wide (2' 3'' wide).
• The stairs are off the hall with the handrail on the left as you go up.
• After the 1st step there are 2 turning steps followed by a straight flight of 10 steps up to a landing, with a further step up to the 1st floor landing. There are no further steps on the 1st floor.
• The 1st floor including stairs, landing and bedrooms are fully carpeted. There are currently no rugs.
• At the top of the stairs there is a landing 240 x 140cm with access to our House Superking straight ahead.
• To access the other 2 guest rooms turn right - at the turn the hallway narrows to 82cm wide and immediately opens to 110cm. Walk 500cm to reach the Double & Kingsize rooms.
• Our House Kingsize is immediately on the right at the front of the house - turn left, walk 120 cm to House double.
• The width of this short corridor starts at 75cm and increases to 95cm.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
•The tiled hallway leads into the guest breakfast room and lounge which have engineered oak plank flooring. Doors are painted white to match skirting. They are fire doors.
• There is a rug in front of the lounge fireplace.
• These rooms can be viewed in the website Gallery.
• In the lounge there is a low sofa and chair with soft cushions as well as a formal upright chair with side arms.
• There are a number of small tables available.
• From the lounge there is level access into the garden room - door 75cm wide - which can be used in the warmer months.
• The garden room has sofa, 2 chairs and coffee table. The cushions offer medium to firm support.
• There is a toilet on the ground floor – turn left at main door - walk straight ahead, stairs on the left.
• The dimensions are 110 cm deep x 170 cm wide.
• The wash hand basin is straight ahead whilst the toilet is to the side.
• There is limited room to transfer which would be from the side due to the position of the toilet
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
•The breakfast room is located off the ground floor hallway as discussed earlier.
• There is a 180cm x 90cm farmhouse table with 4 comfortable place settings.
• There is a separate table 80x 80cm with 2 place settings.
• Table heights are 77cm with an under table pull in height of 66cm.
• Circulation space around and between tables varies between 80 - 100cm.
• There are no specific laundry facilities however we will assist guests were possible. There is also a launderette close by in Handbridge.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• House Double - This has a standard double bed with 80cm width at either side and a further depth of 100cm space to the dressing table & wardrobe. This room has 1 comfortable leather chair which sits under the dressing table.
• House Kingsize - This has a kingsize bed with 80cm width on the window side of the bed with 130 width on the wardrobe side allowing good access into the en-suite. Access on the window side of the bed reduces to 60cm at the point where the sideboard housing the TV & hospitality tray ends and then increases to 80 cm as stated above.
• There is circulation space of 110 cm between the foot of the bed / dressing table. The room has 2 comfortable leather chairs which can be repositioned.
• House Superking/Twin - with the Superking Bed access width at the side of the bed is 60cm. As a Twin bed the access width in between is 120cm. This is a spacious room and there is a further circulation area from the foot of the bed measuring 220cm to the dressing table and wardrobe. There are 2 comfortable leather chairs which can be repositioned.
Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• House Double - the en-suite shower measures 170 x120cm plus shower cubicle 75x75cm with bi-fold door.
• There is a 12cm step into shower.
• House Kingsize - the en-suite shower measures 170x 120cm plus shower cubicle 90x90 cm with bi-fold door.
• There is a 12cm step into shower.
• House Superking/ Twin - the en-suite measures 270 x 120cm plus shower cubicle with sliding door, measuring 80 cm depth x 120cm wide (i.e the full width of the en-suite). In front of the sink there is a depth of 80cm, reducing to 55 cm in front of the toilet. The shower cubicle is at the end of the en-suite past the toilet.
There is 60cm depth between the toilet and shower cubicle. There are non-slip mats in front of the toilet & shower. There is a 25 cm step into shower.
Grounds and Gardens
• Front - the parking area at the front of the house is covered in medium size gravel. There is a gravel patio area at the front (in front of the garden room) for guest use which is west facing and has a table and chairs. There is also a small bench on the grassed area. This is 2 steps up from the patio. For guests this area will be reached from the main entrance door via a gravel path round the side of the garden room.
• Rear - This is a sunny easterly facing patio area accessed via double upvc french doors from the breakfast room. There is a shallow step onto the patio. This area may be used by at breakfast time on warm days. There is a table and chairs for guest use.
• Manderley is completely non-smoking and in our booking terms we ask that candles are not used on the premises. As required by our fire authority we have an interlinked mains smoke alarm with smoke detectors in all guest rooms. Also, fire doors with brush strips on all ground & 1st floor doors leading onto the hallway. This is to protect the hallway which is the main means of escape out of the front door.
• Mobile phone coverage is good in this area.
Address: Manderley Bed & Breakfast
17 Victoria Crescent, Queens Park, Chester CH4 7AX
Telephone: House 01244 675426 Mobile (Karen) 07872 429162
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01244675426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org